Shetland in summer (1) - favourite beach
Shetland in the summer brings many photo opportunities but the sunshine means that sitting at the computer to share them has taken a back seat. Over the next weeks I will be looking at the photos I've been taking, and rekindling memories.
I grew up by the sea and spent many hours playing on this shingle beach - there is a little sand which appears only at lowest tide.
- The evidence of heavy rain
- The dog watches the lambs
- I have spent many hours on this beach
- Is this why blue is a favourite colour?
- The water nearest the shore was very brown
- A jellyfish
- Fabulous colours
- Love these colours
- Rocks and seaweed
- Skimming stones
- One of the next generation enjoying the beach
Enter your email address to receive updates from HazelTindall.com in your inbox...
Shetland is the most northerly group of Scottish islands. Apart from mainland Scotland, the other near neighbours are Norway to the east and the Faroe Islands to the north west.